Stream of Conscience Timed Writing Challenge
I was kindly nominated by K.E. Garland with the blog, Kwoted by KE Garland, to participate in a free writing challenge of either 5 minutes or 10 minutes. The topic she gave me is:
“If you could live anywhere in the world, rent or mortgage free for one year, where would it be?”
My question was, “If I could live anywhere in the world I wanted to for one year, rent or mortgage free, where would that be?”
Between the months of June and October I would choose to live in a beautiful cabin in Telluride, Colorado. I love the mountains, especially in the summer. I would have horses at this cabin so I could go horseback riding often. I would hike and try and find all the wonderful hidden spots especially by streams and waterfalls. This would be my ideal summer home.
Between the months of November and May, I would choose to live on a Caribbean Island somewhere, where the weather is mildly warm. I would lay on the beach, go shell hunting often and enjoy the warm weather and clear blue water by swimming every day. This would be my ideal winter home.
End of five minute timed writing. (150 words)
These are the rules:
Open an MS Word document (or Pages)
1. Set a stopwatch or your mobile to five minutes or ten minutes, whichever challenge you think you can beat.
2. Your topic is at the foot of this post.
3. Fill the word doc with as many words as you want. Once you begin writing, do not stop.
4. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS Word (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules).
5. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However, if you do, it would be best.
6. At the end of your post, write down ‘No. of words = ______’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within that time frame.
7. Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least five bloggers).
8. Please put a pingback to this post on your completed free-writing piece.
My nominees are: YOU (Please accept this challenge)
Because so many people are very busy this time of year, I decided not to nominate anyone specifically but to nominate anyone that would like to try this challenge. If you are reading this, then you are nominated by me, Priceless Joy. It is a lot of fun and really doesn’t take much time to participate. I hope you will accept this challenge.
My question for you is:
What is your most favorite book of all time? Tell me all about it.