There are several Flash Fiction Challenges on WordPress and I have really enjoyed being a member on them. Lately, my heart has been challenging me to consider starting a Flash Fiction Challenge for Aspiring Writers.
The Flash Fiction Challenges that I have participating in have many, what I consider, professional writers (authors of books or in the process of writing books). This made me realize that us “aspiring writers” need a flash fiction challenge of our own. (I would hope some professional writers would also join to be our mentors and help us improve our writing).
If you are interested, please read below and let me know your thoughts or your decision:
1. Each challenge will be a Photo Prompt Challenge. I will supply the photograph to be used to base our stories on.
2. I will start a new blog that would be strictly for this writing challenge and those who would like to join will only receive posts that are specific to this challenge.
3. I will need to know if you are interested in joining and if so, what is your blog url so I can send you and invitation from my new blog.
4. Would you like a weekly challenge, a bi-weekly challenge, or a monthly challenge?
5. How many words do you think should be the limit? 100 words, 200 words, or another number of words.
6. What are your thoughts about this Flash Fiction Challenge? Any suggestions or thoughts that I haven’t mentioned? Have I forgotten anything?
7. Any suggestions of names for the challenge?
So, please let me know if you would be interested in joining this challenge and/or what your thoughts are. Thanks!!
P.S. You do not even need to be an aspiring writer. If you would like to join just to have fun, that is acceptable too.
(Also, I do not want to step on the toes of any of the currently running Flash Fiction Challenges. I want to continue participating in these challenges, and others who may be reading this may want to continue participating in them too).