In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Audience of One.”
To Whom it May Concern:
Please accept my apology for any behaviors or words that I acted out or spoke toward you. I am sorry for any of my behaviors that either offended you or hurt you.
I will attempt to list those people that I am aware of (and can remember) and if you are among this list and I have failed to list you, I extend my apologies to you as well:
1. My immediate family members: My mom, dad (RIP), my sister, and two brothers. My offenses are too numerous to mention.
2. My 8th grade English Teacher, Mr. White. I realize now that you teased me endlessly because you liked me and that was your playful way. Every single day I tried very hard to make it to your class on time but your room was on the other side of the campus from my previous class, making it impossible for me to arrive to your class on time. I forgive you for making me stand in the corner in front of the entire class almost every day for being tardy. The day you “friction burned” my arm with your two hands was a very difficult day for me. Maybe it was because I was an awkward, budding teenager, or maybe it was because of family problems, but whatever the reason it was a tough time in my young short life. This is why I went to the administrative office crying, asking permission to go home. I’m sorry they didn’t hire you back the next year. I have always felt that I was to blame. Please forgive me (if you are still alive).
3. My ex-husband: I suppose I should have stuck it out with you but for some reason that wasn’t suppose to happen. Maybe because if I had done so, you wouldn’t have the two awesome daughters you have now who are sisters to “our” children.
4 W2S – lashing out at you for no reason. (Well, I had a reason but found out I was wrong).
5. Various friends and boyfriends throughout the years: I don’t remember my offenses but I am sure there must have been some.
6. Fellow class members of Writing 101. I am sorry about how I was harsh with you regarding your writing. The truth is, you are all wonderful writers. (I will admit though, I did so because I cared about your writing success and I still do).
7. Again, whom ever I have failed to mention.
I now go forward in this new year, 2015, with a clean slate, less weight and more friends.
Wishing you all the best in 2015!